THE FAIRBARN RENOVATION
The Pinehurst Fair Barn is the oldest surviving fair exhibition hall in NC. It was built in 1917 for use as the Sandhills Fair, one of the major county fairs in the SE. Located within the confines of the Pinehurst Harness Track. Read More >
THE VILLAGE ARBORETUM
In 2003 the Village Heritage Foundation, with the support of the Pinehurst Village Council, launched a project to develop an Arboretum on a 35-acre undeveloped village-owned site which is adjacent to the Pinehurst Village Hall. Read More >
THE HISTORIC PLAQUE PROGRAM
The mission of the Historic Plaque Program is to encourage the recognition, preservation and restoration of the historic buildings of Pinehurst, to encourage the recording of Pinehurst’s unique history. Read More >
NATIVE POLLINATOR GARDEN
The Native Pollinator Garden will attract all kinds of pollinators, from butterflies to moths and bees to birds. It will also play a critical role in the conservation of pollinators, which have been in decline due to loss of habitat and overuse of pesticides. Read More >
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
The Village Heritage Foundation is always looking for individuals who share our passion for restoring, enhancing and promoting historic Pinhurst properties.
The Village Heritage Foundation is funded by private donations. We welcome and appreciate all gifts. Contributions to the Foundation are generally used to meet needs and fund projects.
The Village Heritage Foundation is always interested in sharing resources with those who value historic restoration and enhancement. Take a look at our list of books & organizations.
The Village Heritage Foundation (VHF) is led and managed by a volunteer board of Directors and has no paid employees. It is funded entirely by private contributions. It was founded by Mrs. Joyce B. Franke, who served as our President and inspiration until 2003. She continued to play a very strong leadership role as Vice-President until her death in 2014.
Joyce founded the VHF for the specific purpose of raising funds to restore the 1917-era Pinehurst Fair Barn. The project was successfully completed turned over to the Village in 2003.
Read more about our history >